Saturday, June 14, 2008

PEI Stage 2: The Confederation Bridge Time Trial


I'll grant you - the bridge is beautiful, a feat of civil engineering genius, a source of PEI pride...but in my opinion...something best to be enjoyed and appreciated IN THE CAR and not on the bike!!! (Is the race director listening???!!!) These were the windiest, most awful conditions I had ever ridden a TT in (of course, did I mention I avoid TTs like the plague?) The only thing preventing me from stopping, was the fact that I so badly wanted off that bridge! At 107 lbs those winds were attrocious. Not that it would have made that much of a difference in my case, but I'm told the winds picked up for those with later start times. While I was thoroughly humiliated and disgusted by my performance (latern rouge - isn't there a jersey for that?) both Sally and Rebecca would have fantastic results - Sally was 3rd!!! And Rebecca 7th!!! We all very proudly watched as Sally stood aside the Menikini riders on the podium!!!

No comments: